A 3D two-fer



It's good to be home. Just got back from a week long business trip in Memphis - it was great to catch up with people I hadn't seen in years. We ate great BBQ and went to a few blues bars after the days of meetings. But, boy, a few nights like that just took it out of me :)
So what better place to relax than in the craft room? I decided to make a card for a few challenges. The JUGs challenge this week is to add a 3D flower as a design element. To help you with the challenge, Mona Pendleton has an awesome video on the JUGs site demonstrating how to make a great tissue paper flower. I also went with the colors provided by Dawn McVey for the Raspberry Suite Challenge #18.
I really love Kristin Bueter's inspiration card for the challenge - she took the flower and turned it into a wreath. How great is that idea?!?! If you like this card, please check out hers since it was all her creativity - I just mirrored it :)




I did follow Mona's video tutorial - I inked up my brayer with new leaf and rolled it over tissue paper (actually, it came with a previous Papertrey ink order so I feel good about recycing :)). Then I used the blossom nesties to cut out the wreath. I also cut out the center with the smallest nestie. I added some raspberry fizz ribbon for the bow. I also added a few "berries" - put a dollop of glue on top of a few brads and dipped in glitter. I've gotten away from adding dimensionals to my Christmas cards just for the simple fact that I have to mail A LOT of them (especially to Canada) so I want them to hold up to the process and not be too bulky.
Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look! Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
TTFN,

----------------------------------------
Ingredients (all PTI unless otherwise stated):
Stamps: Stocking prints (sentiment), background basics: retro
Ink: vintage cream, raspberry fizz, new leaf
Paper: Vintage cream, Kraft, dark chocolate
Other: raspberry fizz ribbon, brads with martha stewart glitter added, nesties, tissue paper, swiss dots CB EF, fiskars border punch

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.