3-D Challenge

Still recovering from my cold but at least felt like stamping a little today.
 Just Us Girls is challenging us to go 3-D this week; in other words, make a project from a template.

I haven't tried many of these yet although I have purchased a few of Lauren Meader's absolutely fabulous timeless templates. I really wanted to use the Tucked Away template (which I had bought a long time ago and have not used) as it is a perfect, small gift box. Actually, I wanted to play around with it to come up with a design to mass produce for the folks at work to give as little Christmas gifts (filled with candy:) ). Actually, I got a bit carried away and made two boxes..... :)
First up is my Christmas-y take;

Below is a closer view of the top of the box. Although it's hard to tell in the picture but it's actually a candy cut with my Cricut using the Christmas Cheer cartridge (and crinkled up in my hand to give it some texture) with pure poppy and sweet blush buttons in the center. I used vintage cream for the base, which is stamped with faux ribbon in sweet blush and memento lady bug. The top panel is pure poppy stamped with polka dot basics in vintage cream. The candy cane ribbon is from my stash.
 
 Also made a co-ordinating card... very simple.
 
Although I like how this turned out it was a bit more labour intensive that I would like for mass production so I'll re-think it a bit :)
Next is a set I plan to use for a friend - I have a bracelet for her birthday next year so it'll go really well in the petite version of the Tucked Away template. This set also qualifies for Crazy for Challenges week 13, which is to use punches on a project.

I love the new terra cotta color from Papertrey Ink! So I paired it with dark chocolate, new leaf and summer sunrise. A fall color palette but one I love :)  Below is a closer view of the daisy (fiskars punch) on top.
 
The card below is a 4x4 co-ordinating gift card.
 
I had forgotten how addictive these templates were to make!!!! I have to make more. I really like the samples of the Fold n' Go template I've seen too so I may have to add that one to my next purchase.
Hope you're having a great beginning to the week. Thanks for stopping by!
TTFN,



-----------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated):
Christmas Gift Set
Paper: vintage cream, pure poppy, sweet blush
Ink: Sweet blush, vintage cream, memento lady bug
Stamps: Just Rite Stampers Merry Little Christmas Borders & Centers Round 1-5/8”, Polka dot basics, faux ribbon
Other: Cricut, nesties, pure poppy and sweet blush buttons, candy cane ribbon (Walmart), twine

Daisy Gift Set
Paper: Terra cotta tile, dark chocolate, summer sunrise
Ink: Terra cotta tile, dark chocolate, chai 
Stamps: Turning a new leaf, Background basics: retro, Garden of life (sentiment)
Other: New leaf ribbon, fiskars apron lace border punch, fiskars flower punch, nesties, clear embossing powder, twine

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.