Another first!

 


How excited am I?!?!?!  This is my first submission as a DT member for the Pile it on challenge blog - it's challenge #3 over there and the theme is "warm wishes". While the theme would lend itself nicely to a wintry card, I decided to go with a warmer sentiment, a "get well" card of sorts.





The other challenges I targeted are as follows;
  • Cooking it up with Katie ~ Use a "non human" image (I sorta cheated as I used a plant :D), add some texture, and use a product you've never used before (I used my Cricut Walk in My Garden cartridge which was a recent purchase)
  • Just Buggin' ~ Make a monochromatic card, use your cricut (the vase, stem and daisy were cut with the cricut)
  • Treehouse Stamps Blog ~ Get well soon (well, sort of :D)
  • Crafty Calendar Challenge ~ Keeping warm - use a warm color scheme (I used Papertrey Ink's terra cotta tile, melon berry, and vintage cream as well as DCWAV textured cardstock)
  • Quixotic Challenges ~ Ink up an old stamp (I inked up Papertrey Ink's Garden of Life, which was one of my first stamp purchases)
  • Spoon Full of Sugar ~ Layer challenge #87 - use layers on your cards
  • Practical Scrappers ~ Embossing (I used both dry and heat embossing)
  • Crafty Ann ~ Embossing
  • Taylored Expressions ~ Sketch challenge #98


Hope ya'll like it! Head on over to Pile it on! to check out the creations of the other DT members!

On another note, we had a fabulous time in Orlando! My DH went to lots of lectures and I got to play with my friend - lots of shopping and giggling :) We also saw friends from school whom we haven't seen in 7 years! All of us got together for lunch one afternoon and spent hours talking and at times I was laughing so hard I was crying! Isn't it great when you can just pick up where you left off with old friends - even though you may not have seen them for years, you just pick up where you left off. It is truly special :)
So, that's about it for now. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!


TTFN,


Andrea M

Posted in , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.