Origami


As part of this month's release, Papertrey is having another contest. This time Nichole has challenged folks to make a project incorporating origami. Nichole references a few great origami sites on her blog; there are gift boxes, animals, foods and even hearts :) After perusing, I decided to go with a strawberry from Origami Club. Its got a ton of fun projects, all rated based on difficulty. Best part is, a lot are two dimensional, which makes them great for cards :) I have done a lot of seasonal cards lately so I just wanted to do something different and fun. 

All products are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated. 

The strawberry literally took 5 minutes - I started with a 6x6 piece of red paper from my stash (DCWAV). I added the "seeds" with a W9 copic marker (I thought about using my polka dot background stamp set after the fact, of course :)). I colored the leaves on the strawberry with copics (YG93, YG95, YG97). The leaves, from In Bloom were stamped on kraft cardstock with white pigment ink, heat embossed and colored with YG93, YG95, YG97. I used a white gel pen to draw a box and add an accent to the berry. I topped it off with three pure poppy buttons. The card base is ripe avocado and the sentiment, which was stamped in white pigment ink then heat embossed, is from Cupcake Collection.

On a fun note, my card from this post was acknowledged over at Just Buggin' as one of the top 3 picks!
How fun is that! It's a great challenge site - especially since it inspires me to use my cricut more :) Check it out!

Off to bed. Busy day tomorrow in preparation for my 3 week trip to Canada for work. My sister lives in the area so I get to visit with her plus I've got a lot of visits with friends planned, which is so exciting.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
TTFN,

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.