Colorful happy birthday

Tonight I've got a colorful card that (hopefully :)) works for a number of challenges. I was inspired by Arielle's card and this card by Maile Belles. I loved Maile's card so much that I'm definitely going to CASE it later - it is CAS and fabulous :)



The sketch comes from the latest Annabelle Stamps Challenge....
And fits with the latest Compose a Card with Becky Oehlers!
The color inspiration was provided by the latest Colour Q challenge.... well, I cheated a little and used kraft to fit with another challenge; so I didn't actually submit the card for the challenge itself.


I cut 9 blossoms from a piece of kraft cardstock. It's hard to tell in the pictures, but I used the PTI polka dot impression plate on a piece of white cardstock behind the kraft cardstock mat. The embossed polka dots don't show up as well as they do IRL. The card looked like it needed something else but I resisted the urge as I didn't want to push things over the edge :)
Anyway, short post - I have a few things to do before bed, including fix mt meals for tomorrow. I've got to focus on my diet more; recent bloodwork has revealed I have high cholesterol and trigylcerides - YIKES! Just another sign I'm not as young as I used to be - as much as I love food, I'm gonna have to curb my eating habits. Of course I'll find time to tune into the Papertrey release party :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

TTFN,

--------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated):
Stamps: Birthday Basics (sentiment), Polka Dot Basics II
Ink: Hibiscus burst, colorbox white pigment ink
Paper: White, kraft, orange zest
Other: buttons (hibiscus burst, orange zest, pure poppy, hawaiian shores), blossoms nesties, sewing machine, rustic twine, dimensionals

Posted in , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.