Color Smash! - JUGS #41


Time for a new Just Us Girls technique challenge!

Our hostess this week, Maria, is challenging all of us to get messy :) It's an ink, spray and smash technique challenge!!! How fun AND therapeutic :) Splitcoaststampers has a tutorial HERE so get out those reinkers :)

Here's my take on the challenge;



I wanted the inky paper to be a focus so I tried not to cover it too much. I did stamp on top of it though :) I've become addicted to crocheting these little flowers - how cute are they?!?! There are a ton of free web tutorials out there - Nichole Heady has a picture tutorial on her blog. Because I just started to crochet, I needed a bit more "visual assistance", so I found this video tutorial by Terri that highlights the process of making the second part of the flower. I used embroidery floss and a D crochet hook - next time I may use a C hook like Nichole did in her tutorial. You'll see these little fellas pop up on my cards from time to time - I'm "hooked"..... get it? Sorry.... I couldn't help myself :) I have to say, I really like crocheting, although crochet patterns are like a foreign language to me - internet to the rescue! As I get more experience, I think Ima gonna try something else in the near future :)

In other fun news, notice the sentiment on my card? We've got reason to celebrate over at the ol' JUGS blog...
... it's Kathryn's birthday this coming week!!!!! 


Be sure you drop by her blog and wish her a great one!

If you already haven't, see the JUGS site for all the challenge deets. Don't forget to swing by the blogs of the other JUGS DT gals and show them a little love :) Their links are posted on the side bar of my blog. Also make sure you visit Debbie's blog; she's our talented guest designer for the month.
Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls - we love seeing your creations and always appreciate your support! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

TTFN,
 
 --------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated):
Stamps: Turning a New Leaf, Background Basics: Text Style, Fillable Frames 5 (sentiment)
Ink: Adirondack alcohol inks (butterscotch and lettuce), ripe avocado, dark chocolate, copic blender solution
Paper: Glossy card stock, dark chocolate, summer sunrise
Other: seam binding, dandelion glimmer mist, embroidery floss (DMC), dark chocolate button

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.