Sketch Challenge: JUGS #45

Time for a new Just Us Girls sketch challenge hosted by our lovely Kathryn! 


Isn't it such a wonderful sketch?! Here's my take:


I wasn't feelin' my mojo a few days ago but thanks to this lovely Basic Grey porcelain DP, a bit of inspiration struck in time for me to get my card finished :) I love how the paper is kind of romantic feeling - perfect for an anniversary card, or at least that's what I went with. I made a flower out of white tissue paper (from a PTI stamp purchase - yay recycling!) that was cut with Spellbinders Blossoms Dies. I sponged the edges with sweet blush ink and placed a rhinestone brad in the center. Then I bunched the tissue paper up around the brad to wrinkle it up. I first saw these on Mona Pendleton's blog; there's a link to her awesome tutorial HERE. They're really quite easy and versatile, not to mention BEAU-TI-FUL!


The ribbon is one of my new favorite things - Hug Snug Seam Binding colored up with copics (R20).


It's the beginning of the month so that means we get to introduce our August guest designer, Jo Westfoot!  Welcome Jo - we're so happy to have you join us for the month! Can't wait to see all of your wonderful creations! 

If you already haven't, see the JUGS site for all the challenge deets. Don't forget to swing by the blogs of the other JUGS DT gals and show them a little love :) Their links are posted on the side bar of my blog. Make sure you also check out Jo's blog to see what she's whipped up this week. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls - we love seeing your creations and always appreciate your support! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

TTFN,
 
 --------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated):
Stamps: Background basics: text style; Daily designs sentiments
Ink: Smokey shadow, sweet blush
Paper: Sweet blush, white, smokey shadow, Porcelain DP (Basic Grey)
Other: Sewing machine, nesties, copics, seam binding, scalloped border punch (EK Success), rhinestone brad, tissue paper

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.