I really dislike being sick

I often forget that with this gorgeous, utterly pleasant time of year is accompanied by an unpleasant cohort - cold and flu season. Yep, I have managed to find a virus that has set up shop and called me home. Yuck. I'm in a bit of a fog but I'll do my best to stay coherent :) 

To distract me while my cold medications kick in, I'll share a bright and cheery card I made this weekend. I'm playing along with the latest lovely Curtain Call Color Challenge using this week's awesome Waltzingmouse Sketch.




I made these cute little paper flowers using PTI's beautiful blooms III dies. I curled the petals by wrapping them around the metal part of an embossing tool. Wish I could say it was my idea :) I took the inspiration from Lisa Somerville with THIS absolutely fabulous card. I drew a square using a red Spica pen, leaving a small opening for the sentiment. Then I masked off the edges, stamped polka dots in versa mark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. A subtle, neat effect, seen a little better in the next photo.


This card also qualifies for Little Red Wagon challenge, which is to use 3 of something on your card.

That's it for me. My Nyquil is kicking innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.......... :)

Have a good one! Thanks so much for stopping by!
TTFN,
--------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated): 
Stamps: Polka dot basics II, Fillable frames #7
Ink: Versamark, staz on jet black
Paper: White, pure poppy, dark chocolate, orange zest
Other: pearl embellies, clear embossing powder, red Spica pen, beautiful blooms III dies

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.