CR84FN5


Here's my entry for the latest CR84FN challenge :) Aren't these colors fabulous?!?!



A while ago, I had a question or two regarding the PTI impression plates and my use of water to make the impressions stand out a little better; so I thought I would elaborate :)
A while back, as I was cruising blogs, I remember seeing a tip about using water on cardstock to make the impression more pronounced when using PTI impression plates. I believe it was Betsy Veldman's site, however, I couldn't find the exact post. Anywho, typically I lightly spritz the surface of the cardstock with plain ol' tap water, place my cardstock on the impression plate and run it through the embossing machine (a  Cuttlebug in my instance). Voila! Works like a charm. I took a few pics to demonstrate what I'm talking 'bout :)


This picture shows a piece of cardstock that has been embossed using the water technique on the left and a piece that has been embossed without water (the pattern is provided by PTI's Diamond impression plate). It's pretty striking. 

Just a quick pic of the water bottle I use. I picked it up in Walmart or a pharmacy in the area where they sell travel supplies. If you don't have a water bottle handy, a moist paper towel would likely work well. If I've stamped on the cardstock, I'll lightly spritz the back side of the cardstock so the ink doesn't smear or bleed. Give it a go!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

 TTFN,
--------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated): 
Stamps: Friendship Jar Holiday Fillers, Wreath for all Seasons
Ink: Lady bug (Memento), Dark chocolate
Paper: Dark chocolate, kraft, red textured cardstock from DeNami
Other: Diamond stickles, red rhinestones, PTI diamond impression plate, brown silk string

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.