Coming up for air


Hey Bleeps!
It's been a few weeks of sparse creativity for me. And when I do sit down, the wheels turn slowly. But I know you've all experienced these moments as well :)
I've finally found some time to play along with a few challenges! Sadly, because of this past hectic week, I didn't get to play along with my fellow JUGSters *sniff* and I missed out on a great challenge. But I decided I would play along just the same. So the following card is for this weeks JUGS challenge, which is to make a 3D flower. Maria's posted an awesome Tim Holtz tutorial! I also used the colors from the Play Date Cafe (holy moly, I haven't played along at the Cafe in so long, it was really about time!). Finally, the sketch is from Card Patterns :)




For this attempt at the 3D flower, I messed up the middle :) But for a first try, I think it went well :) I sprayed the cardstock with purple Glimmer Mist so it has a nice shimmer in the right light. I stamped the horizontal black cardstock with a retro background and heat embossed. The vertical black cardstock is dry embossed. The sad thing is you really can't see either in the photo, darn it :). I'm not sure how to feel about this card... I love the flower but am not happy with how the rest turned out :( I hope I can get my mojo back soon....
So that's it! Thanks so much for all the sweet comments on my blog makeover!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!

TTFN,

Ingredients: 
Stamps: Background basics: retro and text style, Garden of life - sentiment, Turning a new leaf (all PTI)
Ink: Tuxedo black (Memento), Versamark
Paper: white, true black (PTI)
Other: Blossom nesties, Purple Glimmer Mist, diamonds impression plate (PTI), clear embossing powder, sewing machine

Posted in , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.