Envy of the Envies - JUGS #66

Howdy friends!!!


What better way to start your weekend then with a brand new Just Us Girls challenge!!! This week, Gina K Designs is our sponsor!!!


Our lovely hostess, Pam, has got an awesome challenge for us this week! It's called Envy of the Envies (envelopes that is!). We often spend so much time on our cards only to pop them in a plain envelope; Pam thought it would be fun to dress up our envelopes to match our cards!

Here are the specs;
1.     Make a card – you can use whatever you have but if you have Gina K stamps we'd LOVE to see them :-)
2.     Decorate your envelope to match/coordinate with your card and
3.     Finally, for this challenge we also want you to create a liner for your envelope to coordinate with your card. If you don't know how to make a liner please refer to THIS TUTORIAL on Stamp TV. Gina K shows you just how to do it!

Be sure to show us your both card and your envelope!

Make sure you play along - one lucky participant who follows all of the challenge requirements will be selected at random to win a Gina K stamp set!!!

Here's my attempt at the challenge.


I used Festive Frame. I know, I know - how can I make a holiday card? The holidays just ended!!! But this set is just so super fantastic!!! I couldn't help myself! I stamped the main frame in versamark on cream cardstock (PTI) then heat embossed with gold powder. I wanted a monochromatic kind of look. So I colored the poinsettias with YR31 and E41, then C0 to blend. I colored the pine cones with E53, E57 and E59. I used E57 to color the frames. I stamped one of the sentiments from the Festive Frame set on vellum in brown Stazon. I placed music sheet DP from DCWV Christmas mat stack under the vellum. 


I added a bit of bling to the poinsettias for a little somethin' somethin' :) Now on to my envie - on the front I just stamped the frame again in brown Stazon.


And then there's my envie liner with matching music sheet DP.



If you already haven't, see the JUGS site for all the challenge deets. Don't forget to swing by the blogs of the other JUGS DT gals and show them a little love :)


We've got some sad news to share :( Our wonderful Alicia is stepping down from the JUGS DT :( We are so SAD to see her go but wish her ALL THE BEST in her future endeavors!!! So, it's not good-bye; we'll say "see you around" instead - she'll still be creating and playing along when she can! Make sure you please stop by her blog and wish her all the best!!! GOOD LUCK with everything Alicia!!!

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls - we love seeing your creations and always appreciate your support! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

TTFN,

 --------------------------------------------
Ingredients:
Stamps: Festive Frame (Gina K)
Ink: Brown Stazon, versamark
Paper: Fine linen (PTI), vintage cream (PTI), vellum, Christmas DP (DCWV)
Other: gold embossing powder (Filgaree), Copics, rhinestones, scissors

Posted in , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.