JUGS#87 Sketch Challenge


Howdy!
Kathryn is our hostess this week at Just Us Girls and she has got a CRAFTILISCIOUS sketch for you to sink your teeth into!


How's that for AWESOMENESS!!! I love this sketch! So much room for interpretation…
But before I go much further, we've got a new guest designer for June. Please give a warm welcome to the sweet and super talented Rosemary Dennis from Hey There Rosiegirl!!! I've long admired Rosemary's creations - she makes the most fabulous cards! Welcome Rosemary!!!!

I made two, CAS cards with this fabby inspiration. Sometimes I have a hard time with sketches - this one primed my crafty pumps!


When I saw the sketch, it seemed perfect for an interpretation of a Venn Diagram! I used the colors from the latest ColourQ challenge. 

So sweet and fun :)
To make this card, I did the following;
1. Cut two different sized circles from thin paper (copier paper) to act as a mask
2. Used YR09, Y35 and RV17 to air brush three circles
3. A white gel pen was used to draw the faux stitching
4. Heat embossed the sentiment with white powder after stamping with Versamark

I LOVE the way it turned out and will try it again with primary colors on white cardstock to get the "red + blue = purple" kinda effect.

The second card is a more "loose" interpretation of the sketch. To put it mildly :)


I did the following to make this little ditty;
1. Stamp branches in place of the circles
2. Add blossoms (they were initially inked with aqua ink then the edges were inked with a darker blue)
3. Stamp the sentiment in dark blue ink
4. Dry emboss the card front with linen impression plate (I SERIOUSLY love that plate!!!)
5. Distress the edges with Antique linen distress ink

Here's a close up of the fabulous linen impression plate :)


I liked how soft and understated this card turned out.

Make sure to swing by and check out the lovely DT's creations!!!

Rosemary Dennis, June Guest Designer
*** Sorry for the blog changes! I've been experimenting with my blog design a little and am having a little too much fun :) ****

Thanks so much for stopping by!
TTFN,
post-separator6.3

Posted in , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.