JUGS #110 - Ghosting



Need a new, fun, easy technique to add to your repertoire? Over at Just Us Girls, lovely Lisa has just the ticket!


It's the ghosting technique - one that was totally new to me! I've used emboss-resist many times but this is easier and produces such a great look! There's a link HERE on Splitcoast Stampers. Over on the JUGS blog, Lisa also mentions you can do the same technique with white ink… gotta try that too :)


Since I love me some purple, I decided that was the way to go :) I didn't have any big sheets of glossy card stock so I used 5x7 photo paper instead. I won't lie - I actually had two previous attempts prior to this card - the paper just wasn't right both times and the resist didn't work. I even tried heat setting the versamark to no avail. Finally I decided to try the Kodak photo paper and it worked PERFECTLY! What a difference! So easy!!!

I stamped a music sheet background with versamark then sponged milled lavender distress ink over top. Then I stamped several snowflakes in dusty concord distress ink. 

Lisa picked a winner with this technique! I'll be using it again FOR SURE - I love the way that background turned out!!!

Let's see what the rest of the talented JUGS DT has whipped up!!!

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.